Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Miss Metro

Wow, what a crazy few weeks. Just when life seemed to be getting a bit easier, a few wrenches were flung in my direction. I still love where I am and how I am developing as a result of moving to New York, but unfortunately, I am currently dealing with a lot of stressors. One of my family members is going through a major health debacle, our apartment is being treated for bedbugs, I was sick for almost two weeks, and I work nearly every day. Worrying about my family member (perhaps I will divulge more information later) has been extremely taxing, which I'm sure is why my immune system seems to be on vacation. Additionally, taking every single thing we own off of the walls and putting them into bags for the bedbug treatment (along with every article of clothing we own...goodbye $200 spent on washing) was no small project, especially considering that I'm hardly ever home. I absolutely love, love, love my new job, but it doesn't leave me with a lot of free time. Particularly last week as I was also preparing for the Miss NYC/Manhattan/Metropolitan pageant. Oh, by the way, I won!! I am officially Miss Metropolitan 2012 and will compete for Miss New York in June!
The top 5!
Even with some of the difficult things I'm facing at the moment, I am so grateful for all of the positives in my life. Obviously, winning Miss Metropolitan was super encouraging since I worked so hard and was competing with 24 incredible girls...it was definitely the most competitive local I'd ever seen or been a part of. I was so honored to win the overall talent award, as well, which could have easily gone to many truly outstanding performers. My mom and Sherwin were in town to watch, so I'm certainly happy that their trip was worthwhile! Though my mom kept reminding me that it would have been worthwhile no matter what. She's the best.

My dad also dropped in for a last minute visit last Wednesday. Such a joy to see both parents in one week! We went to my brother's comedy club (he just started managing), where Judah Friedlander from 30 Rock did an awesome improv stand up routine that primarily focused on making fun of my dad. I love laughing, and there was no shortage of it that night! Lindsay, Jacob, Andy and a few other friends also joined for the event, so we had a great group and tons of fun.

Short post, but something is better than nothing! I miss having time to write. Hopefully things will calm down soon so that I can get back into the habit of blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment