Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Theme Parties

The ladies
Theme parties may be associated with college years, but I had no shortage of them this weekend. I think it's healthy to dress up in 80's fashion once in a while. Reminds you why you're so glad to be living in the here and now...

To celebrate a coworker's 30th birthday on Saturday night, we all headed to St. Andrew's Pub in Times Square, decked out in attire of the decade he was born (80's). I decided to embrace the saying "you'll never see these people again" while sitting on the train in my neon yellow skirt and matching tank top, pink lipstick, and leggings. I simply tried not to make eye contact with anyone, though I think I noticed a few questioning glances from my peripheral view. Whatever. It's New York City. People probably thought that I dress like that every day. Anyways, the party was great and I danced my heart out to "Shot Through the Heart" and "Don't Stop Believing," managing to only knock over one drink (naturally) and getting a single BBQ stain on my shirt. Not a terrible list of party fouls, considering the capabilities of my clumsiness. Unfortunately, I had to work this morning, so I headed home before I could cause any more damage to my shirt or the pub's glassware.

One night earlier, I attended yet another theme party to kick off the 2012 Summer Olympic Games! I don't think I could love anything more than an Olympics party, especially considering it was with just a select few of my favorite people in the world: Jim, Lindsay, Tess, and three of Jim's friends that I adore. I get so excited to see the whole world come together, highlighting young people who embody discipline and patriotism. Obviously with my platform in the Miss America Organization being Cultural Togetherness and my founding of the diversity awareness program at CNU, seeing so many nations come together gets me all warm inside.

Well, I better hit the sack since I work a double tomorrow. Tonight I watched "Mulan," painted my nails, and turned on the Olympics while writing this...so, you see, it's not all theme parties and reunions for me. My grandma side is still intact and welcomes these quiet nights at home. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment