Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

AAA: Apartment Application Anxiety

Pretending that living in the Trump towers for the last few weeks has been difficult would be an obvious lie. Susan, my stepmom's friend who owns the place, is so much fun to chat with, and well...it's the TRUMP TOWERS. Still, any responsible human wouldn't love the idea of "mooching" off someone for very long. I'm so appreciative of her hospitality, but I'd never want to overstay my welcome.

That being said, Brittany just moved back to NYC and we've been looking at places together! Searching for an apartment is so stressful, but we have our fingers crossed for a great one bedroom in Washington Heights! We'd share a room like we used to, but this time we'd have our own big living room to get some space (not that we had any problems in our super close quarters before!). The application is in...now it's just a waiting game. Anxiety, much?

Me, Brit, and Rayna
Having Brit back in town is so refreshing. We are so comfortable around each other after three months of living together/being attached at the hip that I feel like she's just an extension of myself. Living together again will be ideal! Yesterday, we reunited for the first time at a coffee shop near the Trump building, along with another Miss VA sister, Rayna. The three of us had such a blast catching up and getting excited about the prospect of living near one another (Rayna lives close to Washington Heights). As pageant girls, we are used to the stereotype of "being clones of one another"...and our outfits did not help our case. Take a look.

Tonight, I'm meeting Dave in Times Square for dinner at an oyster bar, followed (possibly) by ice skating! Knowing that apartment paperwork is in the hands of landlords and that I may have a place to live next week, I feel so much more able to enjoy myself! I've even had a hard time cracking down to write new blog posts because of the homeless thing hanging over my head. Hopefully, I'll be able to write more consistently next week!

1 comment: