Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vivid Memories...for Today

Today is January 14th. How is that possible? Fourteen days have already passed in 2012. I can't even remember what I did each of those days...it's insane how time goes so fast and we only remember glimpses. I find life amazing in that sense. We only clearly remember a fraction of the time we spend living. Still, I have some pretty fun memories of the past couple days (though who knows how long they'll stay vivid).

Tuesday afternoon, I ventured to Washington Heights- wayyyyy up on the Upper West Side- to pick up my sheet music that I'd left at the Bound for Broadway showcase a month ago. After chatting with the director in his apartment for a few minutes (as he helped me fix my painfully outdated phone, which has been trapping my texts in 1997 and never sending them/deciding at random to not have service in highly serviced locations), I found myself listening to my iPod (also on the ancient side) in the train station. In the middle of a Gavin DeGraw song that I uploaded when I was 17, I noticed a tall, dark and handsome guy with permanently pursed lips I somehow knew so well...AHH!! MICHAEL! I ran over to him in disbelief. Here, in Washington Heights, was one of my close friends/coworkers from Busch Gardens! We hadn't seen each other since 2009, when we were wearing ridiculous costumes and singing in Italian! No, that's a lie. We had a little reunion dinner in August of 2010 when some old cast members visited Virginia. Still, to see him in a subway station in a random part of Manhattan was shocking- and amazing! We boarded the train together and reminisced for one stop, laughing at the days that I was "homeless" and would come over to his apartment just to have a place to shave my legs. True story. Chatting with someone you were unbelievably close with in your past is always such a joy- it's as if no time has passed. Hopefully he and I can get together officially before he leaves on his tour as Prince Charming!

"The Artist"
I spent Wednesday afternoon working for the attorney, doing everything from moving heavy files into a new office (serious manual labor...picking up giant stacks of paper for an hour can get sweaty!) to typing court documents that I had to get in the mail by 5. I always enjoy my time in that office for some reason, though, so I'm definitely not complaining! Afterwards, I ran home to change before heading back downtown for dinner with a new friend, Dave. We ate at a really cute authentic Italian pizzeria, followed by a silent movie. I had never seen a silent film, so I absolutely loved the new experience. "The Artist" is really captivating and a fun way to be entertained if you're tired of Hollywood Blockbusters...I personally thought the whole theme and cinematography was fantastic! Music generally accompanies every scene, but of course during the one absolutely silent moment, my stomach growled as though it was communicating with a pack of lions five miles away. It did not go unnoticed. Story of my life.

Last night, I accompanied Jim and Lindsay to Jacob's apartment for a few hours, but headed home when they decided to go dancing. Tonight, I'm watching Miss America with Meg! My fingers are crossed for Elizabeth! Go Miss VA!

No comments:

Post a Comment