Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Static Life

I've fallen a little behind in my blog this month for multiple reasons. I've been stressed with the whole apartment business, had few conversations or experiences that inspired much thought (sad, but true), and the "a" button on my keyboard fell off, making typing a bit annoying. Here I am, though! I fully intend on picking up the pace again in February! January just feels like a month during which my life was on hold. On hold waiting for a place to live, on hold from my friends since so many left town, on hold from drinking (which is not a big deal, but no drink Jan means fewer happy hour hang outs, etc.), and just a general feeling of static living.

I've failed to share some really fun memories these past few weeks, including a dinner party at Jim and Lindsay's, followed by an epic evening of karaoke (we got the whole place singing "Africa" at the top of their lungs), a stroll through central park with my old friend from CNU, and playing Rock Band with Meg before watching the Miss America Pageant. Despite the fact that I haven't just been sitting around doing absolutely nothing, I'm just really uninspired. I'm sure we've all felt like this at times, carrying around an unidentifiable weight that hinders us from moving quickly...both mentally and physically. I've had a harder time getting up and getting out. I've had a harder time engaging in deep conversation. I've obviously had a harder time writing, which is something I absolutely love.

Experiencing a funk is obnoxious because I can tell I'm in one, yet don't know how to get out of it! I know I'll eventually start using my brain again, but it's like there's a bunch of cotton balls stuffed in there right now. I've been trying all of the tricks...going to the gym a lot (lost 5lbs), watching the news (trying to keep my mind occupied with information), meeting new people (gone on a few dates), etc., but it looks like I'll just have to wait this funk out. Even at the moment, I don't have much else to write. Bare with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment