Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall

Woo wee it's so cold! I know this fall weather is nothing compared to harsh NY winters, but good thing I've been cutting back on the Velveeta & Shells- jean time has arrived! Isn't it funny how we talk about the change of seasons with renewed excitement every year? It's like Pumpkin Spice Lattes and leggings are brand new phenomenons...not something from which we merely took a 9 month hiatus. Gearing up for summer is the same thing. Advertisements proclaim "Beach season is here! Get your bikini body now!" as if we had no idea the sun was going to start warming our part of the earth anytime soon. It's not like these seasons haven't been happening at the same time every single year for the past billion years. Okay, maybe not billion...wasn't the Ice Age in there somewhere? Anyways, I still find it funny that we talk about the weather like it's something exhilarating and new...even though we're just putting on the same scarves, boots, and jeans we wore last year (if they still fit...).

Me, Maggie, and Brittany last night
I was nice and warm last night, none-the-less, in the new pajama pants my Miss VA roomie, Maggie, bought for Brittany and me! Maggie is in New York until Monday, so we had a sleepover last night. Funny that she came in town right after I wrote that blog about pageant friendships :) Thank goodness she had been up since 5am, because I am an old lady and all I wanted to do after work was make dinner, watch some mindless T.V., and hit the sack. Thus, she ordered pizza, I made some chicken alfredo, Brit made impressively fancy salmon cakes, and the three of us cuddled up to watch "The Last Song." All you Miley Cyrus haters out there can complain your hearts out, but she was adorable in this movie. I will admit that I'm a little bitter that she's been dating Liam Hemsworth, her costar, for three years...but no big deal- he has an older brother.

Claire and Lindsey get here at 7 tonight, so we have quite the full house this weekend! Looks like we'll take it easy tonight, go sight-seeing tomorrow, then have a big outing tomorrow night in Manhattan! Thompson (the real life Hitch I met with Lauren a few days ago) is bringing friends, and Brittany and I invited a bunch of girls who live in the City, so we'll be rolling deep! I can't wait for all of the craziness to come!

PS- Sorry this post is so short...I thought I had time to write before work. Wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment