Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion's Night Out

The people at Starbucks know my name and order. Only took four weeks for the reality of my addiction to manifest itself in their ability to recognize me. My dad and Jean gave me a very generous Starbucks card on Tuesday (through Lindsay and Jim), so when my friend the cashier ran it through and saw the "amount left," she laughed and said, "You're why I have a job." See? It's not completely selfish and an impractical use of money. I'm helping the economy!

Jim, Lindsay, me, and Jacob in 7 For All Mankind
I got my Starbucks fix this morning on my way home after last night, Fashion's Night Out in Manhattan. Basically, all of the clothing stores in Soho had DJs, served free champagne, and sold everything at ridiculously low prices. It was like bar hopping, except in stores. Kind of an awesome concept. Jim, Jacob, and I posted up in the 7 For All Mankind store where Lindsay was working and stole pretty much all of their champagne. They were out by 10:15pm...but the event only went until 11pm, so we didn't feel too bad about it :-P The general area was a complete mobfest, especially in front of Dash, the store owned by the Kardashians. I think they were inside because it looked like a concert crowd on the street surrounding that shop...everyone hoping to catch a glimpse of the signature black hair belonging to one of the sisters slipping out the door.

When Jake and I were on the train home, a wannabe Jabawockee was trying to make money by doing absurd dance moves in his white mask and boombox sitting next to him. It was actually pretty entertaining. He tried to dance up on me to get laughs, as well as most other girls in the car. He wasn't being creepy, just funny enough to get a couple bucks. He started messing with Jacob a bit and I wish he (Jake) had challenged him to a dance off. Jacob is actually an awesome hip hop dancer (who would of thought? The white kid from Ohio) and totally could've showed that guy up...but Jacob's also not insane, so dancing on a train full of strangers probably wasn't an interest of his. Anyways, there's always something amusing in the subway!

Well, I have to get to work. Luckily my boss asked me to come in at 1pm today, so I got to sleep in a bit! How perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment