Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

I Snore

I snore. This is terrible news. Why has no one told me this before?? I mean, Brittany mentioned that she heard me do it a few times, but Tess has confirmed that this a regular habit for sleeping-Shannon. MORTIFYING. Obviously, I don't care if two of my best friends have heard me reenact a dying pig in the middle of the night, but who knows who else has listened to my embarrassing snorting? Could I be any less attractive? Tess assured me that it's not constant, but she also said it was not a gentle, feminine noise. Awesome. Now I bet anyone reading this really wants to date me. And if you're among people who have slept next to me before without telling me about this dreadful issue, SHAME ON YOU.

Ryan and I in the private karaoke room...highly decorated.
Before climbing into bed and serenading Tess with my lovely snores last night, I met Ryan and some of his co-workers out for an evening of karaoke and sake. We had a great time in our private party room watching a white guy sing in Chinese (so impressive), an English bloke belt out Adele's "Someone Like You," and joining in on Spice Girls/Backstreet Boy tunes. Unfortunately, I had to call it an early night because I had rehearsal for my showcase (coming up on Sunday!) this morning. Everyone in the cabaret is so similar to me...young, broke, and living in NYC to pursue their dreams! I loved chatting with them and listening to their incredible talents. I've said it before and I'll say it again...there are a LOT of amazing vocalists and actresses up here. Duh.

This weekend is going to be an absolute blast! I'm currently at Jim and Lindsay's apartment, waiting for Lindsay to get home from work so that we can all drive to Annapolis for the Army/Navy game! My dad's whole side of the family- him included- are Navy vets, so this football game is an annual holiday for the Oliver/Heyworths. I haven't made it to one in a long time, but I'm glad I'm going this year because we are riding to the tailgate in a party bus. You can't really beat that. I also just found out that Claire, my close friend from Phi Mu who visited me in NYC a few months ago (see "Friend-Filled Weekend" in Sept.), will be at the game with her family! Can I even handle all of the excitement??

No comments:

Post a Comment