Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Who I Want to Be

I've been going through a "who I want to be" phase these past couple of days.

Beyonce at the 2011 VMAs
Singer: Beyonce. The girl is fierce. Sasha Fierce to be exact. Not to mention gorgeous, morally sound, unbelievably talented (girlfriend can dance her butt off, not just sing a song with five key changes flawlessly..cough2011VMAscough), hard-working, and in a stable marriage. Her performance at the Video Music Awards two nights ago was timeless, classy, and such a beautiful way to announce her pregnancy. For once! A celeb who gets married, THEN pregnant. I'm definitely not bashing people who have children before marriage- it happens! But I find the traditional order of things refreshing. Of course, my dad's comment on my Facebook status that read "I want to be Beyonce" was "She's pregnant. You still want to be her?" Haha...ohhh, Father. You know what I meant.

Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone
Actress: Emma Stone. She's all the rage right now, so maybe I'm just following the crowd. Even Jim Carey recently said he wants her to have his babies. But my reasons have less to do with her adorable looks and more to do with the fact that she gets to star alongside Ryan Gosling in not one, but TWO movies. I think he's my new major celebrity crush...which is weird since he's totally not my type. I'm pretty picky: I want dark hair, dark eyes, and someone 6 feet or taller (call me shallow, but I know what I like). Ryan has the 6 foot thing down, but is light featured. Whatever. He's hot. Besides wanting her leading man next to me, I think Emma's hilarious. It seems she could quite possibly be as awkward as I am, as exemplified in the movies "Easy A" and "Crazy Stupid Love." I also really love the book that I'm currently reading- The Help- in which she'll star when it's released as a major motion picture. Scratch that. I just remembered it's already in theaters. Anyways, she just seems like a cool chick.

Professor McGonagall
Fictional movie character: Professor McGonagall. It's no secret that I love Harry Potter and that with a few wardrobe/hair adjustments, I look remarkably like Hogwarts Professor of Divination, Sybill Trelawney. But can I please be just like Professor McGonagall when I grow up? She is the most epic woman ever. She doesn't take crap from anyone, yet she's surprisingly likable and witty. I saw the final Harry Potter movie again last night with Tess and the WHOLE time, we kept saying "McGonagall is the best!" If you've never seen/read Harry Potter, I'm so sorry for your depressing life. You must be one of those people who A) decides to hate things before trying them because you don't want to like something everyone else does, B) thinks you're too old to have an imagination, or C) has been living under a rock. If you HAVE seen Harry Potter, then I need not explain McGonagall's magnificence any further.
Professor Trelawney.....and Professor Trelawney

That about sums it up...welcome to the world of Shannon's daydreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment