Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Talent

With all of the talent shows on television nowadays, I can't help but become more and more overwhelmed with the amount of gifted people on the planet. Here are some videos or my recent favorites:
This is Danny from So You Think You Can Dance...I think he can. And he's from Va Beach! You really only need to watch 3:55-4:25 to get the gist, but all of it is insanely impressive.

Emily Luther, former Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen (associated with Miss America), singing "Someone Like You" by Adele for Perez Hilton's cover song contest. Her voice is so rich and intriguing!

"Brotherhood of Man" is one of my all time favorite group numbers I've seen on Broadway. Daniel Radcliffe may not have the best voice in the world, but the ensemble is phenomenal. And I love me some Harry Potter. Also, the premise of the show is hilarious and summed up in its title, "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

Vocal Point's performance of "The Way You Look Tonight" on The Sing Off shows how fun a cappella really is. Doesn't hurt that the lead singer is my future husband.

Since there are so many talented people on the planet, how do you find confidence that you're able to stand out? I moved to New York knowing that there are thousands of people far better than I, but that I'd regret not trying. The leap of faith to come here wasn't the hardest part, though. The hardest part is actually believing in the possibility of success now that I'm here and surrounded by a million other talented performers. 

I shared some videos of my musical theatre/theme park/country performances in my first few blogs, but here is a clip of my classical voice:

No comments:

Post a Comment